You can wander around Rome for many days, enjoying its powerful energy and savoring the elegance. And you can rent a car and go to conquer places that are on the list of any tourist for a mandatory visit.
Rome is a city that has a lot to offer, especially if you love history. A rental car is a perfect solution if you want to see sights such as the
- Icon of Rome. This is the Flavian amphitheater, built in the first century AD. It was the largest amphitheater in the Roman Empire and was used as a stage for famous gladiator battles. Admission is free on the first Sunday of each month.
- Roman forum. The most incredible in Rome is the ancient history that you can find in all corners of the city. Previously, the forum was the center of Rome. Even now it is easy to imagine, looking at the ruins, how life was built a century ago.
- Palatine Hill. It is one of the seven hills on which Rome was built. It used to be inhabited in the 10th century BC, long before the Romans arrived here. This is a big mountain on which the emperor built his palace.
- Surprisingly, the temple from 125 AD located in the midst of a completely normal residential area. And this is normal for Rome. Behind every turn is a story. The temple is known because of the caisson concrete dome with a central hole (Oculus). It is necessary that the dome be flexible and resistant to earthquakes. The Oculus is the only source of light and forms a connection with the heavens. Admission is free, but you need to defend a long queue.
- Trevi Fountain. If you are a real romantic, then you should not miss the Trevi Fountain during your stay in Rome. Legend has it that if you throw a coin into the fountain, you will inevitably return to Rome. This tradition is very profitable. About one million euros are fished from the fountain every year! This is a true work of art with white stones, clear blue water, and huge size.
But, of course, the main point when visiting Rome is the Vatican. The car for rent, in this case, is indispensable. It should be noted that all tourists are trying to get into this small country. Therefore, there is always crowded. Plus, all the sights of the Vatican are places of worship. On a rental car you can have time to visit:
- Peter’s Basilica. One of the most beautiful and iconic buildings in the city. This Catholic basilica appeared in the Middle Ages and is always crowded. It is used as a pilgrimage site for Catholics. Pope gives many speeches in the square in front of the basilica. Entrance to it is free.
- Sistine Chapel. Known worldwide for its famous painting by Michelangelo. Photographing in the temple is impossible. The chapel is only available when visiting the Vatican Museums.
- Vatican Museums. This is a group of museums in the Apostolic Palaces, where some of the most important masterpieces are located. These are some paintings by Leonardo Da Vinci, Caravaggio, and Raphael.
If the time spent in the Eternal City is not limited, then you should definitely visit Piazza Navona, Piazza del Popolo, Villa Borghese, and the Castle of San Angelo. The eternal city inspires all who visited it. Impressive squares ruins from ancient history and many other charming places.